The Road

The Road

Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Nice Spring Ride

Today I went out on my Moto Guzzi on a nice spring ride out east here in Long Island. The sky was blue and is was in the mid 60's F out.Hit all my favorite back roads  and just had a great few hours .
I love riding the T so after this first short break I blasted around on back roads then stopped here at this boat launch ramp and took these photos of early spring.

Rode around some more and explored some.I saw some other bikes out doing the same thing.It was just an incredibly nice day to ride.As I was heading back towards where I pick up the highway I stopped to check out the rivers water level where I put in with my kayak to see if it has returned to normal.It had and that made me happy.Last year we were in a drought and the water was too low to even try to put in here.So now I'm thinking I may get out next week and paddle around some for the first time this year.


After a short break here I hit the slab and headed west 30 miles towards home. As I was riding on the highway it happened,almost like a lightning strike.I NEED TO GO ON ANOTHER LONG TRIP OUT WEST !It's as if I just awoke.Here I am going on about building this 1988 BMW K100RS with 12000 fucking miles on it to sell when it dawned on me what an idiot I'd be to do that.I'm going to be 70 years old in 2019 and if I put aside my social security money from now until my 70th birthday I will have enough money to go on another of those "once in a lifetime trips" The BMW is the perfect bike to do this with and I have two years to sort it and learn it .So,the man has a new plan ! Not only is there a new plan but a new bike to help put that plan into action. So from this point forward this bike is being built for me .
The Flying Brick !!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment