The Road

The Road

Friday, June 8, 2018

I'm Ridin 53 Years This Year !

It's hard to wrap my mind around this but I've been riding a motorcycle for 53 years ! It was seamless from bicycle to motorcycle.The same day I got my drivers license when I was 16 I bought my first motorcycle.That was back in 1965 . Here is a photo of me in 1969 on my first cross country ride and another in 2010 on another cross country adventure.
I'm going to leave this Earth on 2 wheels but not just yet.I have a few more trips planned before that day comes.Last summer I headed northeast up into the Canadian Maritimes for a good 5 week ride camping and wandering about. The next post I do is going to be all about this trip.I have to sort thru the photos and write it in text edit first.Been trying to get this done for months but things always get in the way .Now it's frigid out and I have time on my hand so I'll be doing some dreaming about last summer soon. MY RIDE 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T taken out in the Painted Hills of Oregon 2010   
 My New Ride : This bike was a gift from my good Tony Leteri. A 1988 BMW K100RS .She came to me as a non running bike with 12000 miles on the clock.Hadn't been run in close to 15 years but with some research and some learning and hard work she is now a fully functional motorcycle again and back in service.This is the bike I will be going on my next cross country trip on .


 
The Bike I crossed the country on in 1969 1965 Yamaha YDS3 (this is one I restored not the actual bike but exactly the same in every detail right down to the dealership it was sold at


No comments:

Post a Comment