The Road

The Road

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Winter


Yes it's winter here in New York now. Thanksgiving was last week.I got out riding on Thanksgiving day so I was happy . Had to do work on my wife's car over the weekend.It needed an oil change and a transmission fluid change plus a brake job so Saturday I dove in. It wasn't too bad but it took until Sunday to finish it up and I was racing against the snow that was expected by mid morning. It sucks working outside on the ground.I did have my kerosene heater blowing nice hot air on me though so I was ok .Got it all finished and road tested before the crap started to fly. I HATE WINTER ! It is such a waste of time and at 70 years old I don't want to waste any time . Things are slow for me now.Not much in the way of work and the cold makes working out in the garage expensive to do. It costs to run that kerosene heater but if I don't then I don't have any forward motion. I think later this week I'm going to go over to my storage garage and take some photos of project bikes I want to sell .

It's time to start selling some of this stuff off and putting that money away for a house out west.My wife has three more years before she can collect her pension so it's time to really start focusing on getting out of this fucking place . There is two inches of snow on the ground now , it's cold and wet ,  and here I am stuck here in the house not working . With any luck things will change and this will be the last I HATE WINTER post I write this year !




No comments:

Post a Comment