The Road

The Road

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Missing The Woods

 Been back here in Long Island for three weeks now and like the title of this post says,I'm missing the woods. Lately I'm starting to think that my plan to move to Arizona is never going to materialize .I always had it in my mind that I could head north to my camp as plan B  and as time goes on I'm starting to think of this as a very real possibility.Been looking at houses up in St Lawrence county on the internet.I'd rather go west where I can ride my motorcycles year round in relative comfort but the housing out where I want to head just keeps on getting more and more out of reach financially .Sometimes I think I could use my camp as a shop where I can build motorcycles and sell parts from .I could get a house 20 or 30 miles away in any direction and have a pretty good life.The real problem with this plan is the weather up north .It rains too much when it's warm enough to ride and for six months it is a frozen forest with four feet of snow or more on everything . Well,I have two years to really commit to one plan or the other. The fires and drought out west made me somewhat worried about moving to southern Arizona but it seems there is something everywhere that is a concern . I have a strong suspicion that motorcycling year round will win this battle in my mind but for now it rages on . This is my camp 



It's such a beautiful place . I've owned it 44 years now ! 

Arizona is calling , I've been working hard towards saving the money needed for a down payment on a house there and getting some motorcycles prepped for sale to lighten my load.It's a hard thing to choose but something that must be done . The wet green of the Adirondacks or the stark beauty of the desert 





Well,who knows what the next two years will bring .I may go broke or hit lotto , get organized , get some bikes and parts sold , maybe even see the price of houses drop rather that increasing like they have for the past two years. Everyday I look.I get those emails from Zillow . The one thing that is certain is that I don't want to stay here in the insanity of the New York Metropolitan Area . I'm back 3 friggin weeks and I'm already climbing the walls and missing the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment