The Road

The Road

Friday, June 2, 2023

Back In The Saddle

 Yes,it is finally riding weather again.Not that I don't ride in the winter but now it's warm ! So,today I'm heading out for a day on my Moto Guzzi. Rode it yesterday some locally but I need to get some highway time to get me in shape for some travel I have planned.Put an ad on Craigslist for a riding partner in upstate and also down here in Long Island. Got a good possibility upstate by my camp so with any luck I'll have a friend to ride with when I'm up at my camp. Down here on LI it's a very different story.No good really. Got a couple responses but nothing panned out so I ride alone.I'm good with that so today I'm heading east . Just finished cleaning the bike up a bit now I need to feed my three tortoises then I'm outta here ! Should be a decent post tomorrow when I actually have something to report on.Never know what I'll encounter while out riding. So that's it for now Oh,I almost forgot. Went to see my friend Pete yesterday.I built him a 1975 Yamaha RD350 around 25 years ago.He never really took to it.He's saying he's afraid out on the road .The bike has sit for well over 15 years now .I think he put on under 2000 miles after I helped him get his motorcycle license back in 2000. So anyway , yesterday he tells me to take it away, he has no interest in it so I can have it free . Looks like I just found my next project .Here is one exactly like it that I built and sold to my friend Arial (Stephen Watt) back in 2004. This next one should be as nice when I'm finished. The big question in my mind is should I keep it this time ??????




No comments:

Post a Comment