The Road

The Road

Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Time To Hit The Road Is Near

 I retired after the job in my neighbors basement but still haven't finished working. After a couple days off I attacked the porch on the house we live in.Needed to scrape all the peeling paint off the ceiling and get a few coats of paint on it to get the house all finished.Well, got that done and did some other shit with my friend Steve.We bought out an old guys Valiant parts.I ended up with two good front bucket seats and a set of 4 Cragar wheels with new tires  all for 400 bucks!


 

 Steve got good front fenders ,a hood,bumpers,doors,and all sorts of other bits and pieces for a grand . It was a score ! So, now we have the raw materials to do my 65 Valiant Wagon and his 65 Barracuda. Today I head down to his house in my 66 Valiant convertible to see what's going on with the power steering in this other 65 Barracuda he has been going over to sell. This is retirement , well, at least the. very beginnings of it anyway. I put my BMW K100 up for sale on Craigslist.

 https://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/d/huntington-1988-bmw-k100-rs/7761948598.html

 Not getting much action on it but all of a sudden someone will come along and buy it.It's a good running machine that I just can't ride with my screwed up leg without being in pain. The leg is improving and riding the Moto Guzzi is no problem at all so I'm prepping it for a good long camping trip down south along the Blue Ridge Parkway and possibly to the Barber  vintage motorcycle festival if my leg allows.So, this is the beginning of a post that I have no idea where it's heading other than my fluid plans that are changing daily as my leg ,my bike,and my finances dictate. It's Saturday July 20. The Moto Guzzi meet I want to start this adventure off with is September 28th or so. Got most of the parts to do a major fix up on the Guzzi so I have my work cut out for me. I also started working on the 1975 Yamaha Pete gave me.I'm getting it running and cleaned up to bring to the vintage Japanese bike show and swap meet in PA in mid August to sell. It's almost finished now.




to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment