The Road

The Road

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Moving Forward

 The work on my Valiant station wagon is moving right along.I did a major piece of work over the past week or so and now she's looking like a car again.After pulling off the front fenders and getting the replacement fenders all set to install I gathered all the nuts and bolts I would need and cleaned them up as well. The job went pretty smooth but it was brutally hot outside and my work space has full sun mid day. Most days I started early and by 11AM  I had to stop. By 2PM I could continue as the sun moved behind some trees as it headed west so I got another three hours in before I quit for the day. Here are some photos of how it went.






So, now it's time to start on the doors and the rocker panels . Today I go to a shop I deal with and set up a time to get her inspected so I can start driving her between where I live and Steve's house 20 miles away to do the quarter panel replacement. He's got a plasma cutter and a better welder than me and a nice flat concrete surface where we can do this job easily .I'm enjoying this project . Being retired is still work and I like work, it keeps me fit and pointed in the right direction. No more to report, it's been too hot to kayak or do much riding but that will change soon I hope. The work on the doors should be interesting.I picked up a set of doors that are in pretty good shape in a trade for a 4 speed bell housing I had a few years ago.They are in better shape than the ones on the car but I need to make the windows work. So, it looks like I'll be starting on them next here at home on the work bench . It's nice having the parts I need on hand I don't have to waste time searching all over the place for them. Well it's time to start my day . After setting up an appointment for the inspection I plan on changing the rear bumper .









No comments:

Post a Comment