The Road

The Road

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Another Day Of Bike Work

So,after returning from my test ride yesterday I decided to take off the air cleaners and carbs so I could clean them.Soaked the K&N's in the special detergent they sell and while that was doing it's magic on my air filters I took one carb all apart,cleaned all the jets and passages ,then reassembled and adjusted it.Called it a day at around 9PM.Today I do the other carb,oil the air filters,put the thing all back together and hit the bike with the power washer to get all the built up crap off the underside of the motor and fenders.Then,after a good long ride to get it all dried off I'll do an oil change and set the timing with the strobe light.I really want all this out of the way so I can put some miles on locally before hitting the road later on in June,that is if I can afford to go to this event.I might have to blow this trip off if I buy the 850-T.Money is tight and I think I'd rather get the bike if it comes down to making a choice between the two things.So,we'll see how today shakes out.It's a beautiful morning here in New York.With any luck I'll be finished wrenching and out riding by early afternoon blasting down some nice backroads somewhere where there is no traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment