The Road

The Road

Monday, February 25, 2019

So I Pulled The Clutch

So I Pulled The Clutch

Yesterday after fooling around trying to free up the clutch I finally bit the bullet and dove in.Got it all apart and then took the clutch all apart.Everything looks good in there so I’m going to put it all back together exactly how it is shown in the parts manual.You see , the parts manual is like a blueprint to the entire motorcycle and shows every part it the order that they go .It may have just been stuck or perhaps something was put in the wrong place , who knows .
Of course once you take something apart that was just painted and all fresh it shows so I decided that I would repaint the clutch cover and related parts so when it goes back together it’s as if it was never disturbed.I also decided to use the clutch unit from the motor I removed because it is a known commodity . I can use this one on another build in the future . The one from the old motor is really good and I was riding the bike with it back in December .I’m ready to move forward with this project and bring it to a close so this seems like the best course of action .
So now I’m sitting here having my morning coffee waiting for the kerosene heater to heat the garage. In an hour I’ll be back at work finishing this bike up .With any luck this will be the last problem to overcome and she’ll fire up and go.That story will be told tomorrow if today goes as planned and then the next bike will move into the work space after a couple days of testing this one . When it leaves my hands it will be 100% turn key so the next person can enjoy it for a good long time. It gets crowed in my shop when I’m not working .When I work I make room in the shed for a few bikes and the shop becomes a work space. Sure hope I get more space when we move to Arizona !
A lot happens in this little garage. The photo above is a bike I built for a friend.It is the same bike I’m working on now but black and white.It was a replica of his very first bike that he had back in the late 1960’s I love doing restoration work.


No comments:

Post a Comment