The Road

The Road

Friday, February 22, 2019

Today She Runs

Like the title says ,today she runs.I'm close to the finish with this first project in the build 3 bikes for sale plan. Yesterday I got the carbs on , synchronized  , adjusted ,and connected to the air box and throttle cable.Got the oil pump all adjusted and hooked up ,the side covers on the left side of the bike installed,the exhaust , foot pegs,kick lever,and shift lever installed , and put on a better side stand . So now it's time to move to the right side of the bike and finish the exhaust , add oil to the clutch/transmission , put the gas tank back on and hook it up , install the seat and the luggage rack , put in some fresh high octane gas , and fire this mother ! Did a compression test yesterday and I have 130 psi in both cylinders which is exactly where it should be . She makes spark , the thing is ready to go. With any luck I'll be riding her tomorrow and then moving the orange 1969 DS6C into the work space.

I'll be glad when this bike is finally finished. I've wanted to do this motor swap for the past two years. The motor has been on my bench all ready for a top end and installation since the summer of 2017 . Life gets in the way sometimes . My camp needed my attention and the BMW needed my time . As I get older it becomes more and more of a struggle to keep up with all the maintenance but it also keeps me sharp and engaged so it's a good thing .Well,time to light the kerosene heater and warm the work area so I can finish this thing. If I'm lucky and it all goes smoothly I could be running this thing up the street this afternoon .

No comments:

Post a Comment