The Road

The Road

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Everything Comes If You Wait Long Enough



 My 850-T in my driveway up in the Adirondacks at my camp





I have been playing this waiting game trying to get a Moto Guzzi 850-T parts bike.A few years back I thought I had one but the guy just couldn't part with it.He almost sold it to me for 500 bucks but then started in with this if you sell it I want to have first crack at it stuff.I said sure.He was local to the town I live in and I figured he'd call one day and say come and get it.Well,it's been 3 years since that . My 850-T has served me well and has gone on many long distance rides all loaded up with gear since that day .This past April the clutch started acting up.It's been 10 years since I put this clutch in ,
right before my 3 month ride out west in 2010 to be exact so it doesn't owe me anything.I put at least 100,000 miles on the bike in that time.Today I was supposed to go up to Connecticut to ride in Dave Ropers tiddler tour .  https://daveroperracing.blogspot.com/2017/07/roper-tiddler-tour.html    I had plans to go with my friend Craig   but we had this bad weather forecast so I cancelled .Wouldn't you know it,it turned out to be sunny and hot ! Well,everything happens for a reason and as I was having my coffee this morning I went on Craigslist looking around at bikes.There it was ! An 850-T that has been under a tarp for 20 years outside for sale for 100 bucks  and it's close to home ! This was at 5:45 AM .I emailed the guy and 5 minutes later he got back.We exchanged phone numbers ,talked on the phone,and I bought it ! Got a hold of my friend Paul to help me get it home with his trailer and Tuesday she comes home .Now I have all the spare parts I need to keep my Moto Guzzi up and running for a long long time.See,if you wait long enough whatever it is that you are looking for finds it's way to you all on it's own and everything happens for a reason. I could have been riding with my friend with Roper racing around the back roads up in Connecticut ,me on my 1966 Yamaha him on a 1950's Moto Guzzi,and all these other people on all these beautiful antique machines but instead I found my Moto Guzzi parts bike. Life is good to me .

No comments:

Post a Comment