The Road

The Road

Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Moto Guzzi Parts Bike

Well,the newest addition has arrived home. Here she is, a totally neglected but low mileage 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T.
Yeah she's rough but for $100. dollars she's a real good deal. The instruments alone are worth $200. Then there is the other stuff like the transmission,the rear drive unit,the motor  will need a  top end rebuild but the bottom end is probably fine, a wire harness ,swing arm and drive shaft, the clutch pivot rod whivh I was looking to but on line costs $75. this bike has a good one so you see I'm way ahead spending this $100 . on what appears to be a boat anchor to most people.



The carbs are worth more than what I paid for this whole mess ! So now I'm going to spray penetrating oil all over this thing ,cover it with a plastic tarp ,and head up to my camp for a week or so. When I return I will start to take this thing all apart,clean up what is good and then scrap what is left. The wagon is all set to travel with now. Today I cut the grass,start to pack and gather tools,and on Saturday morning I hit the road  heading 400 miles to the north to my sanctuary in the Adirondacks . I like being an old retired guy !


No comments:

Post a Comment