The Road

The Road

Thursday, February 24, 2022

As Winter Drags On

 Well,here we are again in the dead of winter.It's been a tough winter in some respects.The Covid crap makes it worse but that seems to be letting go of it's grip on us now so that's a bright spot.Been working around the house lots.It's how I keep from loosing my marbles here alone all day while my wife works. Been rebuilding a motor for my friend Paul.He's restoring a 1975 Yamaha RD350  and we worked out a deal to trade a motor job for his wife's old 2000 Chevy S10 pick up.I need a newer truck with a 4 cylinder motor.My 1971 Chevy C20 is just too much of a gas hog to take it upstate and I'm not really doing much home improvement work any more .I turn 73 in a couple months ! I think working like I used to do is behind me for the most part.I still do things but the space between the jobs gets longer and longer all the time.Semi retirement seems to work for me .Did a couple of oil paintings and a few digital pieces too. As I got the room back together where I do my painting I was able to set up this old computer that has a good Photoshop program installed in it and play with my art some.I like doing that. 




So these are what I've been working on when I'm not down in the basement working on Paul's motor. Yesterday I took the Chevy S10 out for a trip to the Yamaha dealer to get some Yamabond#4 sealant so I can mate the crankcase halves .As I was coming home the truck lost power .It was running terrible but made it the 10 miles to home.Read the codes and got a P0300 code which is a mis firing code. So,I spent the day messing around with it  with no success.Put in new spark plugs,the old ones were shot but this didn't fix it.Ordered new plug wires and coils last night.I'm hoping this does the trick . We'll see .So,today it's down in the basement working on the Yamaha motor .I like hanging around in my basement shop.It's the warmest room in this old house and with the price of heating oil this old house is staying pretty cold to lower the  oil consumption .


Yesterday it was a nice warm day where I should have been out riding but ended up under the hood of the new project truck , but , as I came around the corner of my garage I spotted my friend who lives under my shed. 


It's always a good sign to see the groundhog make his first appearance of the year.Winter is almost over here in New York ! Soon I'll be out riding my motorcycles and driving my sweet little 1966 Valiant convertible.

So,that's all to report .Life is moving on slowly but steadily in a forward direction and things are good for the most part.Time to go to work now . I think today I'm going to go buy the paint I need to paint the cylinders for the Yamaha and then get them painted.May even get the heat going in the garage and look into the electrical problem that is standing in the way of the finish line for this bike so I can get it tested and sold.





No comments:

Post a Comment