The Road

The Road

Saturday, March 5, 2022

The Next Day

Now it's the next day.Yesterday after writing about how I solved the electrical problem I went out and put the whole bike back together.Late in the afternoon I gassed it up and started it. It idled for a bit but as soon as I gave it gas and the rpm's picked up it blew the damn fuse ! So,now I know the problem is in the charging system for sure.Every other circuit works fine so I suspect that when the generator gets some rpm's and starts making electricity it either shorts or produces too much . I'm becoming very frustrated with this but on the positive side it has been narrowed down and all the charging components can be changed out without tearing the whole bike apart .So today I clean up another ignition unit and set it up with new points , condensers, and brushes . Clean up a voltage regulator , and a generator armature then install them and see what happens. I'm determined to finish this project this weekend ! Soon with any luck it will run as good as this one and be in service again.



No comments:

Post a Comment