The Road

The Road

Friday, September 23, 2022

Heading North

Packing up all my junk and heading up to my camp for a while. I finally have the little 2000 Chevy S10 pick up running well enough to go on a long trip.Haven't been to my camp since last October.Been way too long but things just seemed to conspire against me all summer long. Yesterday I bought some canvas to paint on.I'm bringing plenty of art supplies to keep me busy on those rainy days .Going hiking when it's nice out with my camera.This is not  going to be a work trip I'm hoping . Well, I do have to replace the wood stove pipe and probably cut a little firewood with the chain saw.Who knows what a year of bad weather did in the woods.For all I know there could be trees down like  two years ago.Well,this time tomorrow I'll be almost there .Heading out at 4AM to miss the traffic so I should be there around lunch time. Decided to leave the kayak home  and just focus on the place and hiking. I'm planning on talking to a real estate agent about this place I saw on Zillow .If I can get the down payment together quick enough I may be able to get this.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/224-Harriman-Rd-Saint-Regis-Falls-NY-12980/32542947_zpid/?rtoken=null&utm_campaign=emo-savedhomeremind4&utm_source=email&utm_term=urn:msg:20220912122443ad0fb50e36c1edc7&utm_medium=email&utm_content=forsaleimage

I pretty much gave up on the plan to head west to Arizona.I'm not happy about it really but with the way climate change is going ,all the fires burning and the water running out it just doesn't seem like a good move to me anymore. Everything I've read points towards the North Country of NY being impacted by climate change to a minimum .There will be water and it may get somewhat warmer in winter.These are both good things . So,upon my return I have a small house painting job to take care of and then it's out to the garage to get a motorcycle or two built and up for sale.Selling the orange DS6C motivated me and now that the little Chevy S10 is starting to work out I'm going to sell my 1971 Chevy C20 pick up and my 1976 Dodge Aspen . I think the 1988 BMW K100 is going to get sold too. As I get older it gets harder to push that tall heavy motorcycle around.It is great when I'm actually riding it but getting out of the garage or a parking space it's just too difficult  so I may as well turn it into down payment money.

 


 I'm also putting the 1966 Valiant Convertible up for sale . It has real value and will get me to where I need to be.

 


It's still a long road ahead of me to get to where I want to be but I can see the road in front of me now and I'm gaining speed. Maybe I'll get this place , maybe I won't but there are more like it and as I finally get the money together with any luck the prices will come down not go up. So,tomorrow I head out for another adventure . I love being up in the woods at my place hanging out with the wood stove going painting ,listening to music ,or just taking care of business like cutting fire wood . The cold  outdoor showers with stream water are going to be tough but that's a small price to pay for the happiness I get being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment