The Road

The Road

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Feeling Better

Well, the Covid has released it's grip on me . It was really fucked up but it's in the past now .Still waiting for a negative test but I haven't been sick for 4 or 5 days now. The weather here in New York really sucks, cold and damp and foggy. It's been this way for days now with no end in sight. Hoping for a neg test tomorrow so I can go visit with my family. My nephew and his two children are coming down from Oneonta where they live for a visit.We all have to test because  my brother in law Mark has leukemia and a bad ticker so anything like Covid could kill him. So,we all test whenever we get together just to be safe. Modern life really sucks sometimes ! Was hoping to get some riding in this week but the weather forecast is rain , fog , and drizzle all week. Ordered some oil painting supplies last night .They won't be here in time to take the edge off this week but they will be here soon and I'll make good use of them when they finally do arrive. The Covid left me weak . My neighbor just came over in need of some help with his car.They are nice people in their late 80's so I do what I can for them.Seems their battery is shot.I did get the car started but told them to get AAA to put in a new battery because if they take this out someplace it will let them down out in the world.There is some sort of short circuit somewhere that no one seems able to find.Their mechanic rigged a kill switch so the battery doesn't drain when not in use but they forgot to use it last night . I put a charger on it for 15 minutes and then used my jump pack to start the car.The battery was so dead the jump pack wouldn't start the car on it's own but that 15 minutes gave it just enough to get going. Sure wish I brought my paints home from my camp.I was certain I was going back in a week or so but never did. I still can't believe I have no paint here ! Well,there's not much else going on so this will be another short and boring post .This is how life is these days ,short and boring . I really need some excitement. You know , something to look forward to. I miss the road trips I sure hope I can get one more good long road trip in before I kick the bucket !






No comments:

Post a Comment