The Road

The Road

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Getting My 1965 Yamaha YDS3 Back In Shape

Well ,after the garage clean up on Sunday I started in on my project again.I actually started doing this job back in early August but the work I got involved in up in the Adirondacks on my camp prevented me from finishing this.I'm glad I did the work up north,it's something I've been putting off for ever and it really needed top begin . This whole project started with a ride up on the T back in May.I saw just how bad the place was hurting and decided that it is a priority to fix it .But,now it's late Autumn and Thanksgiving in two days.I'm here in Long Island and working on my bikes.This bike is my oldest bike.It turned 50 this year.It was new when I started riding and it deserves to be treated well just like my camp.Here are some photos of the work I'm doing on it cleaning and polishing it,bringing it back to life after a three year lay up.
It's close to being finished now.I will be riding it on Thanksgiving day with any luck .I usually go riding after we get the bird in the oven.This year I'm going to try to ride all five of the registered bikes I have.This will be the first time they have all been up and running together in about 10 years.It's a lot of work keeping up with five antique motorcycles and also building bikes to sell to raise money to move out west and retire.It's a challenge at times but in the end it will be a very worth while undertaking.It's going to be great being able to ride out into the western landscape at will .I can't wait for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment