The Road

The Road

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Cross Post

I posted this in my other blog and am seeing if I can just crosspost it to here .Usually I prefer to write different posts for each one but sometimes this works .So here it is: Christmas came and went.It's not my favorite time of year so I'm glad it's in the past.I did get out riding on Christmas day.It was a sunny warm day with temps in the mid 60's F here in NY.I got out on 4 bikes that day .An hour on each one to give them all a good winter workout.Gotta take it when it's there and use them 'cause you just never know when the next opportunity will present itself this time of year.Shit,it could start snowing like last winter and keep snowing right up to April so every day I get to ride is a bonus.I've also been painting lots.Did those paintings in the last couple posts and yesterday I did this.
I'll probably paint again today,it's too cold and wet out to open up the garage.Yesterday I pulled out this bike and got it into the garage.It needs new tires and I want to give it new crank seals before I put it up for sale.Figure I'll start my winter bike work with this one and finish it up then move on to the 1970 Yamaha R5 that I'm going to do next.
It's going to be hard to part with this bike but I need to start selling these things so I can head out west . Same thing with the camp,it needs to get sold and maybe even the little 1966 Valiant convertible .
I have to do whatever I need to do to get out of New York.I don't want to die on this piece of fly paper.So,today I paint in this lame attempt to keep me from going nuts with boredom.I'm thankful I have these outlets .Being able to build and create stuff really keeps me grounded .So,I bought a bunch of canvas,some 16x20,some 18x24 .The desert picture I just did is a 16x20 so maybe today I'll work larger.Who knows,I sit there and go blank then it comes to me and it happens with out plan. Cool,it worked !

No comments:

Post a Comment