The Road

The Road

Monday, January 4, 2016

And The New Year Begins

Yesterday was a nice day here in NY.It was sunny and in the mid 40's F so I started to get the garage cleaned out in preparation for a winter of bike work.It was my first work day of the new year and it felt good to empty off the top shelf of the storage space I have.
Of course it's not as bad as in the photo because I have been getting rid of stuff I no longer need for quite a while now . Thing is,now it is possible to actually get back to the shelves in the back and on the sides so I can sort thru them and throw things out.It wasn't always like this but I lost the two other storage garages I had so things got stuffed in my work garage.It's mostly car parts for my MOPAR A bodies and now that I'm down to just 2 of those I can sell off most of this stuff.I'll never use it 'cause I don't really do auto restoration any more .It's just bikes for me now.There was a time when I had 7 cars.I was into it big time,always building cars with my friend Al and I enjoyed it. I had 4 Valiants and 2 Barracudas and I don't know how many parts cars that I dismantled.It was a real addiction for 20 years.Here are some of them.
And this is just a few of them .There was a 66 Valiant convertible,and 3 other 2 door Valiants .But now I'm just down to the convertible and the little station wagon. so all those parts are going to leave.This will free up space so I can work more efficiently. I've got a lot of project bikes to work with as builders.
I picked these up back 20 and 30 years ago when no one wanted them and now it's time for me to build them and sell them .So,the other day I went out and bought a wheel truing/balancing stand at Harbor Freight. You know,it's just Chinese crap but it will do the jobs I need it to do.I laced up these wheels for the 1970Yamaha DS6C I restored a couple years ago but never got to truing them so after I finish up out in the garage today I'm gonna head down into the basement where it's nice and warm and true these.
So this is how the new year begins.I'm full of hope that it will be a good year and I'll reach my goal of getting the down payment on a little house out in the desert by selling bikes and my camp.It's hard to let some of this go but I know I will be heading to a better place with a better life and more time to ride down new unexplored roads.This bike will be the 2nd one to get sold in this project to get out of NY.
It's in the work space now waiting ! So now my new year begins and hopefully with any luck I'll get all this work done,these bikes sold,my camp sold and be moving out to Arizona into the desert before too long .

No comments:

Post a Comment