The Road

The Road

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Trying To Ride North

               A photo from 2014 when I rode most of Nova Scotia in the rain
Been planning to head up to my camp to do some work on the bridge and the stream bed.It has gotten all silted up and the pipe that runs under the stone bridge has become blocked and now buried  causing a small lake to form when it rains and the bridge to act as a dam.It.s not a good thing.In spring when the snow melts and it rains it gets so backed up it actually flows over the bridge and is eroding it.So,I was planning on going up this week to dig it out.I wanted to take the old Dodge Aspen with my Yamaha R5 hung on the back bumper so yesterday I made it so the bumper will accept the better ,stronger rack I have but couldn't use when I went to retrieve my little Yamaha YJ1 back in June.I worked for a couple hours grinding out mounting holes at the underside of the bumper for clearance and everything worked out great.Got the racks on and they are rock solid. Tried using the bike lift to get the bike on the bumper,no good.It's too heavy for me to just hump it up into them and I don't have any help.Even if I did have help here I don't have any up at my camp  so for now this plan has been shelved.That wasted the entire morning.Then,I decided to take the Moto Guzzi,you know,ride up rather than use the car.Started packing then realized I needed to replace the rear tire.I had bought one the other day so I went out and did that. By the time I finished it was too late and I was too burnt out to finish packing and then load the bike so I could leave this morning. I decided to go on Wednesday instead and pack today(Tuesday). I get up this morning and look at the weather and all I see is rain in my 400 mile path between here and my camp.Now I'm rethinking when and how I'm going.I'm going on the Moto Guzzi ,this is certain , that is if I go at all.It's so frustrating .Looks like it's going to be real nasty until Saturday and who knows what will be happening then.Today they forecast sunny for Sat,Sun,and Mon but tomorrow ? So I pack and get ready and wait.You know,if it was just a rainy day I'd go.I'd put on my rain gear and go but it could rain for a fucking week the way things are going this year and that would be no fun at all and impossible to work in as well. On the bright side,I got my new tire installed and while I was in there I cleaned the rear brakes and also did an oil change on the motor  and cleaned the spark plugs so the bike is serviced.

No comments:

Post a Comment