The Road

The Road

Friday, January 18, 2019

Aftermath

Well,it would seem that this month long disaster is finally drawing to a close. Yesterday we were able to finally pick up the car from the shop where we had the motor replaced.It was a long drawn out affair but no ones fault. It was just circumstances in the lives of everyone involved from us to the mechanic and even the shop owner.It seems we all were in this nightmare together with our own set of problems from keeping us from functioning but in the end we all got past it and now our lives are returning to normal. Mike,the mechanic, lost his father , the shop owner had some disaster at his house to deal with , we had our issues with the heat in our house going on the fritz ,the car I needed to drive my wife to work needing all sorts of work to it so it was up to the 80 mile drive every day , and , the most important thing , money.We got past all of it and today she drove herself to work in her own car.So,now I have to find a way to replace all the money that I had to use from my cross country trip fund  I'm saving for.That fund got totally wiped out by this but with any luck I'll have some good fortune and replace it and get it growing again in short order. I have seven months to get that back together. This whole thing depressed me as I saw my retirement dreams just slipping thru my fingers like sand but I've dealt with worse and come back . So , with this in mind I'm going forward optimistic  in my abilities to do what I need to do. First order of business is to list some vintage auto parts on Craigslist and other sites to start the fund growing again. As for the bike,well, it's running really good these days so life is good. I think I'll paint today and put myself in a good frame of mind to dig myself out of the hole. No point in being all fucked up by any of this . I just keep the vision of me blasting thru the Rocky Mountains on my  BMW K100 in my mind and draw my strength from that as this all unfolds before me. Just like the last cross country trip on the Moto Guzzi back in 2010. Things almost fell apart before that one too but somehow all the stars aligned and it all fell into place .

No comments:

Post a Comment