The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 12, 2019

What A mess

This past month has been one giant mess.It's one of those never ending nightmare kind of things that started the week before Christmas with the motor in my wife's car taking a shit.This is the base for all the other problems.It seems that  once this cycle begins it's almost impossible to stop it. So,we decide to buy a good used motor. We had it delivered to the shop and then the mechanic has to go down south to be with his dying father .That goes bad and the poor guys father dies.Now here we are in the middle of January and he's back and that problem is almost resolved .During this time with no car for my wife I had to press my 43 year old Dodge into service.It hadn't been run in 6 months and needed all sorts of stuff I put off because I was going to sell it.I spent a week and a half dealing with that .Every time it rained  the car ran like shit.I did every thing under the sun and finally got it going right just last week.I had to use my 54 year old Valiant station wagon to bring her to work during this fiasco . Every morning at 5:30 hitting the road going 40 miles to her job and then 40 back home in a 54 year old car with no heat that I was just about ready to start a restoration on, She'd take the train home and that was another disaster.The fucking LIRR is a pathetic joke . Always late and sometime cancelled or broke down, she had to endure that. Thursday she calls to tell me the train is stuck and it will be an hour late. Just minutes before she called I realized the heat in the house wasn't working .I was in the basement trying to get the burner to fire with the reset button when she called so I told her the good news. I called the oil burner guy I use but he can't get there 'till morning 'cause his kid just went to the emergency room in severe pain from a tooth extraction earlier in the day and he had to deal with that . So now we have no heat. I kept the house warm with the stove and a couple electric heaters so it wasn't too bad.That got fixed first thing yesterday. The motor in her car is going to be finished on Tuesday ! So I take her in to work today,drop her off, am heading home and I get nailed by a fucking red light camera going thru this intersection that has this small sign saying no left turn ans I made a left not seeing it.  I saw the flash from the camera so I went around the block and saw what I did . Just can't win !So now I wait for the letter telling me how much money I have to give the fucking state . When it goes bad it really goes bad but with any luck  it will start to turn around. Sometimes it's just a bitch.

AN UPDATE ! Now it's Saturday afternoon a few hours after I wrote this post .My wife just calls me to tell me the train is not at the station and it's 10 minutes late with the message sign saying it's on time .She is going to call me when she finally gets on and again when she is one stop away from home. I am 30 miles from one of the largest cities in the US and we get 3rd world service  like this while they keep on raising the fares and telling the public how great their service is. This country is going down faster and faster by the day. I guess this is "Making America Great Again" from where I'm sitting it's more like lining our pockets and if you don't like it too fucking bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment