The Road

The Road

Friday, January 25, 2019

Finally A Decent Day To Ride

It's been really crappy weather here in New York lately .Yesterday we had over two inches of rain.I was glad for that actually because it washed all that fucking salt the town dumps on the roads away so now I can ride again.It's cold but sunny today.I can deal with the cold to some degree so out I go as soon as it warms up into the mid to upper 30's F . It's already 33F outside and it's only twenty after nine in the morning.So I have the batteries on both my Moto Guzzi and my BMW on the chargers to keep them up to snuff after that sub zero shit we had the other day. Today is nice !I'm hoping it will be the beginning of an upturn in my life.The way things have been going lately it seems every day there is some sort of problem to deal with and each of them require me spending money I had saved for the down payment on a house out in Arizona.Somehow I must turn this negative flow around.Yesterday at 7:30AM my wife calls to tell me her car is giving her shit again ! I sent her to the shop and it turned out to be a bad belt causing the power steering to malfunction . A minor problem but aggravating none the less so today I'm hoping for some good.It's a nice day as you can see from these photos ,cold but nice is about as good as one can expect in New York in January .

Winter riding is hard.I need to wear all sorts of layers of clothing then put on my leathers. I do stay warm with the exception of my fingers .So,I'll get a 45 minute to one hour ride in today on the BMW.

Sunday is supposed to be warmer so the Moto Guzzi goes out then. The BMW throws off a lot of heat and breaks the wind with the fairing so it's a better choice for today. The Moto Guzzi must be run though.It has those chrome cylinder bores and you can't let them sit for too long or the chrome can be damaged. I run that bike almost constantly for this reason .If you use it it will last pretty much forever is what the mechanic at Moto Guzzi told me when I bought the bike back in 2007. He was right ! It's gone over 130,000 miles since then and still as strong as it was the day I bought it. Not bad for a 44 year old motorcycle.
She's on the charger and getting topped off so she'll be all ready when Sunday rolls around. The batteries for my other bikes are in the basement and get zapped every week or so keeping them fully charged  so when Spring finally gets here again they are in good condition and ready to use. So,there you have it,the plan for the next couple hours. When I return I'm going to work on this painting I went back to the other day.I started this damn thing a year or two ago ! Sometimes I just get in a state where I don't paint.That always ends too just like these runs of bad luck that seem to happen to all of us from time to time.
It's got a LONG LONG way to go yet so perhaps today will move it forward some and get me more motivated to paint again.I know that the other day I felt real good after a couple hours of fooling around with my paints. Today should be a good day . Took this on my last ride .Winter On Long Island !

Well,it's time to hit the road and freeze my ass off .




No comments:

Post a Comment