The Road

The Road

Friday, March 26, 2021

Been Working

 We had some good weather over the past week or so.I put it to good use. Installed the door frame and the two windows I built back in January down in my basement  and then built a new work bench so I'd have a level surface to build the door.

 



 

So,the other day I decided to actually build the door.Went and got a nice flat sheet of 3/4 AC plywood and some real nice clear pine and set up shop in my back yard on the picknic table  then set up my new work bench over in the work area in front of my garage. It was a fun project that took all day. This was the first real long day I've worked since injuring my leg so it was somewhat difficult . Working the leg helped it . I couldn't see that the night I finished the door but after sleeping it started to feel pretty good and I'm able to move around better so that problem is more or less in the rear view mirror.



Damn this door is heavy ! It must weigh close to 100 lbs  but I was able to carry it over to the new shed next door by myself and get it up on the work bench I have set up in the shed where I finished the day by priming it with oil based exterior primer.So,now I wait for the primer to dry.It's cool out so it takes forever to dry but it will and when that happens I will hang it.



While I was building the door I realized that the hinges my neighbor bought are too flimsy to carry this heavy door . So,I made a trip to the store and bought stronger hinges yesterday. I also spent some time on Craigslist and came across this small very light weight table saw for 25 bucks ! I went for it and spent the afternoon servicing it .It's so much easier to shlep this around than my big one and at 72 years old it's getting hard to carry that monster.So,now I have this to help me with light duty table saw work.It's no good for serious work like building cabinets or cutting hardwood and plywood but great for doing trim work like I'm about to start doing on the shed.I can set it up right where I'm working rather than having to walk next door to home to use my big one.This will save me lots of walking when I trim this thing out next week.


Today I go see Steve.We are just about ready to start the renovation of his house. This job will be lots of fun . Tomorrow I ride The other day I got out on two bikes and rode most of the day.My leg is finally getting better.It's been a three month ordeal with this mess but as Spring begins it is working out and my life is returning to normal.I'm thinking of summer travels on the Moto Guzzi , camping and kayaking up at my camp , and perhaps a road trip out west to look at real estate in Arizona so we can finally retire.




No comments:

Post a Comment