The Road

The Road

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Working On Projects

 It all started to get to me a couple weeks ago.I was down in the basement looking for some clutch parts for my 1971 Yamaha R5 when I realized I have to start selling stuff off.I looked at the wood lathe that I brought home 2 years ago  from the clean out of my friend Pete's late parents home and decided it has to go . Put it up on Craigslist at 500 bucks and got no action so I lowered it to 400 and sold it in one day !

The guy came for it this past Saturday . Now that it's gone I'm starting to focus on the other stuff I want to sell. The nice orange 1970 Yamaha DS6C is in need of a new home.Been waiting on my friend to come and buy it like he has indicated he wants to do and I'm becoming impatient .I ran another ad on Craigslist for it.A guy from California has shown interest. We email and talk on the phone about 2 strokes.He knows it's spoken for but is still interested if the deal with my friend never happens.So,the ad is up for a day or so and my friend emails me telling me he has to go to Florida until the 21st of may and he wants to come for the bike when he returns.Still waiting ! Today is the 26th.It's getting old , and I'm getting frustrated. It's taking up space in my shop and preventing me from getting started on the next bike build.


 

So. ,I pulled out the power washer and blasted off my 1965 Valiant wagon. Decided to work on the cars . It has been sitting up on jack stands for over a year now. Got it nice and clean then cleaned the front porch of the house and the furniture that resides there. Now that these jobs are out of the way I'm starting to work on my new pick up ,the 2000 Chevy S10. It needs brakes ,shocks ,and exhaust work to get it ready for inspection .To do this I need to get the old 1976 Dodge Aspen up and running  so I can use it and start to advertise it for sale.It needs to go next ! Yesterday I got it running and out from my work area , gave it a complete cleaning and service ,took it out for a ride and got the S10 back behind the fence in the work area. There is a for sale sign in the window of the Aspen so as I use it perhaps it will get sold.I sure hope so 'cause it needs to go as does my old 1971 Chevy C20 pick up .Once the Aspen is gone it goes. The process of selling off my unneeded stuff to help build the down payment fund for a house out west has begun . The 1966 Valiant convertible is also going to be up for sale at some point too.It's time for me to get to it and get the hell out of New York.My wife retires in just under 2 years so it's time to lose this stuff and lighten up the load .So,today I start the day fooling with the Aspen some making it run a little better then it's on to the brakes in the Chevy S10. I'm liking this little truck more and more as I use it and get the bugs out of it.She's running pretty good now and with that 4 cylinder 2.2 motor gets decent gas mileage .I still can't believe I paid 20 dollars for 4 lousy gallons of gas yesterday !



Well,it's time to start my day .It's 8:15 AM on a beautiful sunny day here in NY . A good day to get outside and work .


No comments:

Post a Comment