The Road

The Road

Friday, October 28, 2022

Fall Riding

  Yesterday I got the Yamaha R5 inspected and continued on my ride to the east.Sure was nice riding my old friend.Went out to the pine barrens and hit some nice roads, the leaves are all changing ,it was a beautiful warm day ,and the motorcycle bug bit me hard ! Got an email from my neighbor asking when I'm going to paint some more.Thought about it and told him not until next week because I need some motorcycle time.Age and being retired has it's privileges so I took advantage of them ! We have abundant sunshine for the next three days and it's cooler out today so I'm taking my 1988 BMW out for it's first ride in three months .This bike makes heat so I don't use it in the warm weather.It's like sitting on a car motor. That 4 cylinder motor throws off plenty of heat so it's the perfect bike for cool and cold weather riding.Right now it's 49 degrees F outside. I can wear my leathers and be really comfortable on it so that's the plan. The little Yamaha DS6C that I sold is finally going to leave for California this coming  week.The new owner and I spoke yesterday and he's all excited about getting it.He's a nice guy and perhaps when I get out west on my next road trip I'll stop in and say hello.So,the battery in the BMW is on the charger getting topped off and I'm putting some air in the tires .Should be a good day out on the road. This is a highway bike ,she wants to run so with that in mind it looks like another day out east . Things are good,all six of my riders are inspected and running well ,my old Chevy C20 is back in service , and the 76 Dodge Aspen is going to a car show with a for sale sign in the window on Sunday.I finally have some forward motion again !


 

No comments:

Post a Comment