The Road

The Road

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Things Are Starting To Work Out

 Like the title says things are beginning to work out for me with all this car and truck work.The car is in service now and doing well and I'm on the downside of the work on the Chevy S10. I pulled the gas tank yesterday and got the bottom of the bed over the tank all painted while I have access.Anything to slow the rust down.Just slapped on a good heavy coat of black Rustolium .So,today I'm going to do the tank install and if I have time I might even get the fuel pump installed .I'm fixing all the small problems I see while the tank is out like replacing the return line in the fuel injection  system and tightening up all the Evap stuff so I don't get that damn code anymore.It all takes time and it's cold out.It's hard working on the ground under the truck at my age but I'm doing it and it's slowly getting done . I have my forced air kerosene heater going while I'm under there so it's not all that bad but boy am I stiff at the end of the day.


 

 I'd much rather be building a motorcycle in a heated garage .Well,once this job is behind me that's exactly what I plan on doing.Gotta have a truck .Can't really do much without it so this is necessary.Not much else going on so this is a short entry.Maybe I'll start painting again too.It's been almost a year since I did an oil painting  but this car and truck work is important so no fun stuff is in the cards for now. Here's the Chevy S10 delivering the little DS6C I sent to Southern California last month.This is the last job the truck did before the fuel pump took a crap.

I like this little truck.When I get it back in service I'm getting rid of my wife's old Honda Accord and I'm putting my 1971 Chevy C20 pick up  for sale. It's time to lighten the load.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment