The Road

The Road

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Finally Moving Forward Again

 Well, it's been a long couple of months with one problem after another.Somehow I managed to get out in front of it all and things are now working out again.The 2002 Honda Accord  my wife was driving bit the dust and is going to get scrapped.I picked up a little 2002 Pontiac Sunfire for her.It needed front end work so it was a project but it got dealt with and it's now in use. The 2000 Chevy S10 gave me trouble right after Christmas . I ended up replacing the fuel tank , fuel pump,all the rotten fuel lines ,and anything else I saw when I was under it. It needed all this work and I really wanted to do it last September but had a house painting job that I did instead. So, after replacing all this rusted stuff it still wouldn't start ! It turned out that the initial problem was just a loose wire to the fuel injectors ! Fixed that and now I have a reliable truck ! This morning I showed the 1976 Dodge Aspen to a guy interested in buying it .Sure hope he takes it. The car served me well and we would have been lost without it when all this crap went down over the past 3 months but now it's in my way and needs to go so I'm happy I have someone looking at it.Today is a turning point . I'm thinking about things other than this car crap for a change. I feel the urge to start painting again. Been a while since I did a painting. Started to do some digital stuff yesterday. I usually do this before I get the oils and brushes out . It kinda puts me in the right frame of mind. Here are some digitals that I did




These usually lead into a period of time where I make paintings like these 



So , who knows what will actually come out and land on a canvas . It may be an abstract period where I just do crazy stuff that I have flying around in my head or I may do some landscapes or other nature themed paintings .One thing is certain, I'm a lone wolf who just does what he wants . It can be cars , motorcycles , art , carpentry , wandering on my motorcycle to some far away place , or some yet to be discovered thing I want to do. So now it seems the bullshit has passed and I'm entering a period of creative stability. I sure hope so anyway. This is a self portrait of sorts that I did a few years back .

It's a beautiful day here in New York today. We had a bad storm last night with almost 2 inches of rain and wind. The power went out for a time and just as I was coming to accept the fact that I was going to have to spend the night running the heat off my generator it came back on. I think I'll get in my little Chevy S10 and take a ride to the beach for a walk  !
                                                           
           
 




No comments:

Post a Comment