The Road

The Road

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Found Another Lost Post

 Looking around thru old files I came across another post I thought I had lost when I got hacked a few years back. I did lose a lot but what can you do.I learned my lesson and now back up everything on a flash drive. This post is from  January 2015

Finished My Painting

Yesterday I decided what I wanted to do with this painting so in the early afternoon I attacked ! I painted for a few hours and tweeked it this morning and here is the result.

I call it "Arizona Rust" It's oil on canvas 16x20 and for sale (not cheap but then I never sell any of my stuff cheap) Traveling out west this past October has inspired me to paint.This is the first of what I hope will be a whole series of paintings from the Southwest Desert.Now that it's winter I'll have time on my hands and use it as I bounce back & forth between paint and building motorcycles out in the garage. This week I'm going to start cleaning out the garage and getting ready to work on the 1988 BMW that my friend Tony threw my way back in November.Can't wait to attack this project.
Working on bikes sort of lights the creative fire in my head.I can't figure it out ,there is no connection between the two things other than that they both are real enjoyable for me but this is how it works. Yesterday I also listed the 1965 Commando 273 V8 motor I have on Craigslist. This particular motor is of historical significance because it is the first year and the first high performance small block Chrysler built.It's the predecessor of the 340 .A little screamer that winds right up to 6000 rpm's when you open up the 4 barrel .It was meant for my gold 65 Barracuda but I never got around to installing it 'cause the 318 I used when I built it never wore out so why change it.Well,the Cuda is history now and I like the 66 convertible and the 65 wagon with the 6 cylinders they have in them.From my perspective the 6 is easier to work on and cheaper to run .
Starting to get rid of stuff I'm not bringing to Arizona now. It could be yours for $1200. I also bought a transmission for use as a spare for my 66 Valiant convertible because two weeks ago I sold the one I had to my friend TA to replace his in his 1966 Dart Station wagon.He.s a good friend and needed to fix his ride so I helped him but then started to search for a replacement for my inventory.Gotta have spares when you drive fifty year old cars.The vert is coming to Arizona for sure.It will be great to have a convertible out there man. Ah,the life of a motorhead is the life I chose and I gotta say,I wouldn't change a thing.I'm independent ,don't have any stinking car payments,am not enslaved by the bank so fuck it all,I'm way better off than most.It will be a happy day when I finally am heading west in a truck full of my motorcycles and parts.I LOVE ARIZONA !
I know that once I get out there and set up shop there will be a 30's car in my future.I really like mid 30's cars,they are so fucking cool.Something like this 36 Plymouth that I just lifted off the internet is what I'm going to be looking for once I get out there. Well,I think I'll prep another canvas and start thinking about what I want to paint next.I have time on my hands and it's shitty out so I may as well paint today .I have some ideas,I brought home this yellow orange paint that I used on Pete's house for the shingles.The whole time I was painting that house I was thinking how that would be a good base color for a desert painting so I think I'll fool around with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment