The Road

The Road

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Painting Some Rooms and starting to come back to life

 It's been a tough few months with all the car and truck problems to resolve but I've turned the corner on that and picked up a small house painting job.It's hard going back into the workforce  at 73 years old but on another level it feels good to be productive again.This is just a small job but it has put me in a good place mentally .The other day I ran a wanted ad on this Yamaha forum looking for a 1965 Yamaha YJ1 (my 1st bike ) .I have one I picked up a few years ago but it's really a parts bike. Been looking for a better candidate to restore and this morning I got a response to my ad.Haven't seen any photos yet or talked with the owner,it's just a lead I'm running down but I'm hopeful .

Now that the Chevy S10 is running well and my wife's Pontiac Sun Fire is running and driving well I'm ready for a new long term  project. I have my friends motor in the basement to rebuild and a few other little jobs  but I need to get back into doing restoration work. I have all these bikes I can restore and lots of parts to work with . I finally started selling some with the nice little 1970 DS6C I sent to California and now it's time to move on to something new.I have the old 2002 Honda Accord for sale as a parts car .A couple guys have shown interest so we'll see.The 76 Dodge Aspen is finally gone and I think I'm going to list my 71 Chevy C 20 for sale soon too. So,now I wait for an answer to the email I sent to the guy with the YJ1 .Sure hope he wants to sell it and it's in my price range. It would be nice having my first bike again . Got out on my Moto Guzzi the other day.We have been having a mild winter so I ran it for a few hours. Also got out on the 71 Yamaha R5 .Riding the R5 is like hanging out with an old friend. I sure love that bike.Well as winter draws to a close I'll be riding and wrenching more.Who knows , I may even pick up some more small paint jobs . It seems like painting work is still pretty easy for me to do so I may as well keep working and keep active. Well,it's time to start my day.It's Saturday and I'm waiting on this guy who says he wants the Honda to get back.He's probably another dreamer on Craigslist so I'm not gonna wait too long.Gotta feed my tortoise and decide if I'm going to go paint a ceiling .It's cold and crappy here in New York today,may as well work.


AN UPDATE ! Now it's around an hour later.I went on Craigslist looking at tools just killing some time as I wait for this fool who will probably never show.While searching I found this incredible deal , an air powered bumper jack ! When I was building cars with my old friend Al we had one of these seen here with my 65 Valiant wagon on it some 30 years ago. 


The guy is asking 50 bucks for it so I called up and bought it .Here is a link to the ad :

https://longisland.craigslist.org/tls/d/west-babylon-gray-bumper-jack-air/7584117785.html


So it looks like I won't be painting today , nope I'll be heading down to the south shore to pick this up so Steve and I can start using it to do the resto on my 1965 Valiant Station Wagon. It never ceases to amaze me how the things I really need always just fall out of the sky and land on me at the right time .


No comments:

Post a Comment