The Road

The Road

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Now It's April

So, here we are into this disease a good month now. It's April , I turn 71 the end of the month , I want to ride my bike out west . With this stuff in mind I move forward .It's hard being locked down like we are.I can go out riding but I'm all alone. Sometimes it gets to me,usually on cold rainy days .Last week I pulled myself out of this garbage by tearing into that Moto Guzzi parts bike again .I really needed to move forward on it so I decided I'd disconnect the timing chain cover so I could get the motor out. This is a rather unorthodox method but that bottom front motor mount bolt refuses to budge and it passes thru the timing chain cover so I can get the motor out and leave the cover connected to the frame.


Once the alternator is removed the end of the crankshaft will pass right thru the case so this will work and I can then drill out the frozen bolt . It took all day but by 5PM I had the motor and transmission in the garage and was cleaning up.


 This is how I spend my days locked down.I can't really bitch too much ,I like doing this shit and to be honest I like being alone when I work so it's all good. Went riding a few times after I pulled this motor.I also ordered two new rear tires ,one for my Moto Guzzi and one for my Yamaha R5 .They arrived in two days and the other day I did the rear tire replacement on the Moto Guzzi. Took her out yesterday around town and all is well.No more bald rear tire ! I feel much safer now and that is important these days.I don't want to go down and get hurt and end up in a hospital.That could be a death sentence these days with this fucking Covid19 shit. I also worked on the motor some tearing her down. What a mess it is but I now have a usable frame with an engine case that has matching numbers so I can either build another 850-T with it or sell it with the title for some serious money.Ah,the title.Well,I called the previous owner and he is going to get me a replacement title from DMV.He had it registered in his name so that is an easy thing to do.Once the disease drama plays out we will move forward with that.He's glad I want to bring his old Moto Guzzi back from the dead.







Now she waits for me to get back to her .We are having a few days of decent weather so I'm riding and trying to keep a positive outlook on this new reality we are all living in. It's hard but necessary .It's an easy trap to fall into getting caught up in all the negativity . I fight it , sometimes I win sometimes I lose . Today I win and go riding .
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment