The Road

The Road

Monday, April 25, 2022

My 1St Car Show In Two Years

 I finally decided it's safe enough to venture out into a semi crowed event outdoors.Seems like forever since I got out and saw people .Mostly I've just stuck to riding my motorcycles alone and other solitary activities as a survival strategy against COVID .It worked out ok for me,I made it to age 73 without catching this friggin disease and I'm feeling pretty good.So to the car show /swap meet I went.Saw some cool cars and a few people I haven't seen in quite some time. 



I love old cars .Can't even think about buying one anymore,they are totally out of reach financially but I have my old Rat Wagon Project and my sweet little 1966 Valiant convertible . 

 



The rat wagon is why I went to this show.I'm always on the look out for stuff for it.I did find a couple things but not for the wagon.What I found was a factory service manual set  for my newest addition to the fleet,the 2000 Chevy S10 .A few weeks back I was having issues with it and searching for a service manual.I saw these same three books for sale on Ebay with a buy it now price of $300. ! Actually there were a couple sets and all had this insane price tag. So, I settled on some Haynes manual that covers a ten year span of these trucks for 20 bucks .The guy sent the wrong one. Then he sent another and it got lost in the damn mail.He won't refund my money and it's nothing but aggravation trying to get Ebay to help so I gave up. Yesterday as I'm walking the swap meet I spot the very same 3 book set of service manuals .Now these are genuine GM service manuals used by dealerships not mickey mouse Haynes books .So , I ask the guy how much and he says 10 bucks ! I SCORED ! found some useful tools for cheap too and had a great couple of hours living normal for a change.Sure hope normal sticks around 'cause I'm really tired of this so called "new normal" that we all are being subjected to.Anyway , got home at lunch time and decided to pull my oldest bike out of winter storage.Gave it the quick once over  putting air in the tires ,some fresh gas in the tank ,checked the oil,put in a fully charged battery and fired her up.Had a great afternoon of riding my old bike . 


Today is another nice spring day.I cut the grass for the 1st time this morning and now I'm going to head out for another ride on my old 1965 Yamaha YDS3  before I put her away and pull out the next one for it's spring awakening . That will probably be my 1971 R5 End of the month I turn 73, I'd like to have all 6 of my registered bikes up and running so I can spend my birthday riding all of them .

No comments:

Post a Comment