The Road

The Road

Friday, April 1, 2022

Been Productive

 These last few days have been busy .Mostly I painted because of the cold weather  preventing me from working on my truck.I have the 1971 Chevy C20 almost ready to be back in service.The little Chevy S10 is still down as I wait for the vendor I bought a service manual to send the replacement because he sent the wrong one .Can't do much without a service manual and I thought I was going to need a truck to get lumber for a job so The old C20 was my only option.Well,the job fell apart.It was building a closet for my neighbor so she could have a place to put things when the renovation on her house starts.She was all set to go when the contractor  gave her a revised bid due to the inflation and she canceled .So my part of that work went down the drain as well.This is life these days as Putin screws the world with his garbage .So,here I am ,what to do? well,I decided to do another painting .Yesterday I started and at lunch time I had this :

Now I had an idea where this painting was headed and by the end of the day I was here with it:

Looked at it in the evening and decided where I'd take it tomorrow then looked at some photos I took out in Arizona when I was out that way. Was thinking I'd ride today but again the weather had other plans so I went to work painting some more and by lunch on day two I was here with it:

Looked at it some more and decided it needed something else so  I kept on painting and now it is finished. It's a painting of early spring in the desert.Just where I want to be.Well,I can't be there but I can go there in my head which is where I've been for the last two days !






No comments:

Post a Comment