The Road

The Road

Sunday, April 7, 2024

I Truely Am A Motorcycle Addict

 Like the title says I am an addict. Over the last couple days I have come to terms with selling off my BMW K100 RS and my nice little 66 Valiant vert. Well this morning I'm looking through motorcycle parts for sale ads on Craigslist when I come across 2 service manuals for a BMW R60/5 . I look ,I respond because as I sell off the K100 I find myself with the time and space to finally get to fixing up this nice little 1971 BMW R60/5 that my friend Tony gave me way back when I finished restoring a 1966 Yamaha YM1 for him.


I basically built him a brand new 1966 motorcycle.This was back in 2011or so. He had this same motorcycle as his first bike when he was a 17 year old kid. The day I handed it off to him we went out for a nice 75 mile ride and on a break for some coffee he told me he was giving me this old BMW as a thank you. Well,here we are many years down  the road and now it's time for me to bring this sweet little motorcycle back from the dead.She's been stored properly and some of the work has already been done so it should be a fun project for me.It may end up being the perfect bike to ride with this fucked up leg I have since tripping and falling causing the injury 3 or so years ago.Probably need a hip replacement but that ain't happening . No room in my budget for that crap so I push on limping around like Chester in Gunsmoke .Here is the /5 




My buddy Juan had one just like this so it won't really be too difficult to figure it all out. It's a sunny day here in NY today and I'm gonna take the K100 out for a ride to give it a work out . Gotta keep her running well to sell her . Here she is on one of the trips I took on her. So you see,I really am addicted to my motorcycles.I just can't help myself!






No comments:

Post a Comment