The Road

The Road

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Inventory Continues

 It seems like it's been going on forever but it;s really only been three months.I'm on the last model of bike and it's April . Life is good in many ways so I really have no complaints.I mean really,how can I complain about anything, I'm about to turn 75 years old !  Yup,the end of this month I'm am three quarters of a century old. Damn , when I was 20 no one thought I'd ever see 25 . Not even me but here I an down in the basement digging through boxes of antique motorcycle parts and planning my next motorcycle trip.Thought about getting a newer bike to head out with this September .Looked on line some.Found a BMW K75GS locally.Went and looked but it's too tall like my K100RS so I gave up on that idea and decided to drop a bunch of money into "old faith full"  you know, my good friend the 75  Moto Guzzi 850-T. You see, this it what happens when I handle all these motorcycle parts. I can't help myself, I'm an addict ! Sunday was Easter and I got out on the T for a good 2 hour ride. Sure felt good. Had all this time to think about heading out on an adventure while riding. The way I see it is that this could be my last chance at enjoying the freedom of living on the road but I doubt it. What I'm thinking is I'm gonna ride right out of this fucking insane asylum we live in. Who knows, I may get cracked up or loose my marbles while blasting down some mountain road in someplace like Montana but who cares. To me that looks way better than sitting around here waiting to die. What I've found is that it seems better if you go out in a blaze of glory than to waste away dealing with doctors who are really doing nothing more than mining your savings account. These are the thoughts of an old biker coming through the crap that's been planted in all our minds over our time here on Earth. It's all bullshit. It's way better to live to the max right up to the time it all just ends than filling your mind with all this fantasy about the all powerful dude up there in the clouds . So, even if I have trouble walking with my screwed up leg I'm going. This photo is my Moto Guzzi a week before I rode it up to Nova Scotia in 2014. So, it's time to start ordering the parts !

This trip is my birthday  present to myself for my 75th .Hey, on my 30th I jumped out of a fucking airplane from 5000 feet up in the air so a motorcycle trip down south with a couple of my friends from down that way doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me. My wife is even good with it! So now it's back down to the basement to get this damn inventory finished so I can move forward and get on with what is really important to me. Getting old is ok as long as you keep yourself in decent shape so you can enjoy it. I'm very fortunate that I did just that. You know, I still have a 32 in waist and work like a horse on a regular basis banging nails and building stuff for people , painting houses  dangling off extension ladders 2  stories up. Hard work pays off in the long haul. NEVER STOP !

This is last year working on my friend Steve's 1965 Plymouth Barracuda.


This is my world, old bikes, old cars, and painting









No comments:

Post a Comment