The Road

The Road

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Yesterday

 Yesterday was a crappy day with the weather. It was raw and cloudy. I just couldn't get into riding so I went down to the basement. Started straightening up some and pulled out all my art supplies that I had brought home from my camp last October. Handling all this stuff got me motivated to set up a studio area up in the room where my three tortoises reside . So, I made space, put things away in the attic, brought up all my brushes and tubes of paint, set it all up and painted a picture of a stormy day at the ocean.

Today is a repeat of yesterday with clouds,wind,some showers,and temps. in the low 50's F so maybe I'll work on another . No motorcycles today that's for sure but there is fair weather ahead for Sunday and Monday so maybe I'll get my 66 Valiant convertible out and take her to a car show with a for sale sign in the window.


She's a survivor with a shade under 60,000 miles on the clock. All original with no rust anywhere .Has all the dings and small dents the original owner put in.  She was a well off old lady who lived in Manhatten and had a summer home in the Hamptons . The car was bought new in East Hampton and never left there until I got it. Always garaged and only used in the summers. I'm the second owner. Bought it from the estate in 2003. It had 52,000 on it when I got it! Hate to let it go but I'm old now and there are other more important things for me to be doing with the time I have left here on Earth like today when I paint !



No comments:

Post a Comment