The Road

The Road

Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Death Of Yahoo cont.

Now it's a week later. My motorcycle group is all moved from the failing yahoo to Groups IO and nothing was lost in the process .I'm a happy camper. This took place yesterday so at some point next week after I have time to look it all over and make sure it's really all there I will delete my yahoo groups and start changing my email address on various emails I receive there .At some point in the future I will abandon yahoo all together . It's a shitty service at best and going down in flames .So now we move forward to better things and better internet sites. The other day while out riding my Moto Guzzi the turn signals started acting up and now I have to figure that mess out.It's cold here in NY now so today is a good day to spend in the garage doing this chore but not until I go out and buy 10 gallons of Kerosene for the heaters I use out there.Yes,it's that time of year again .Gotta heat the place so I can work.Tomorrow it will be warm enough to ride same for Monday so I want this done today.Gotta get out when the chance presents itself this time of year 'cause you never know,it could be a month or more before the next warm dry day comes along.Other than the signal issue the Moto Guzzi is running GREAT ! I got out on the BMW K100 a couple times last week too.It's running good .Going to try to get out on my Yamaha two strokes this week too. I have to use them all .This is the best way to keep them in really good condition.Lots of guys don't understand this and put their stuff down  for the winter.They do better with use.Work fell apart.I finished up down at my friends house Thursday and was supposed to go back to the place I've been doing on & off for the past three years but she ran out of money so now I'm dead in the water.May as well work on bikes while I have the time and maybe I'll get a couple sold and the house in the desert fund made a little larger.I'm tired of winter already and it has just begun ! It's such a wast of time .I'd much rather be here
 riding my motorcycle and exploring new places that I ride to.



So with this new found time on my hands I'm going to try to get some project bikes listed on CraigsList or Bring A Trailer  or perhaps evil bay and turn them into money while I'm working on another builder to sell as a finished bike ready to ride like this nice 1966 Yamaha YM1 I have been trying to sell for $5000
I've owned this gem for 31 years ,She's a fine example of a 54 year old motorcycle that is fully roadworthy and in service. Hate to let her go but it's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment