The Road

The Road

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Test Ride

So, after fooling with this motorcycle for the past week getting all the problems sorted out I finally took her out for a real good test ride yesterday. The weather was really nice , sunny and in the upper 50's F so I decided I'd ride out to the very end of Long Island on the North Fork to Orient Point . The bike ran well . I took the interstate ( LIE) out to Manorville where I hit some back road and made my first stop .
While on the interstate I used the HOV lane and really cruised along going around 70mph at 4500 rpm . This seems to be the sweet spot for this bike. She ran well. Now on back roads and somewhat larger county roads I rode for another hour or so out to Orient PT. Again , she ran great. It was beautiful out there and the ride was very pleasant with no traffic. Took a couple photos out at the state park there


then headed back to the west and towards home.Stopped for some pizza for lunch and then got back on the interstate for the last 30 mile stretch to home. It was a great test for this bike. I covered 170 miles and was out riding from 10 AM until almost 4 PM . It felt so good to be on my old friend again. I missed riding my Moto Guzzi over these past few months while she was down with a bad clutch. The wiring problem was just one of those things that comes up. It was only a one day mess to deal with and is all good now. The new clutch is really nice and as I ride her I'm thinking this is the one I want to ride out west on again ! She's just so nice to ride and after going all day I never feel beat up like I do on the BMW . I like the BMW but I LOVE the Moto Guzzi ! Next project on the MG is new brake pads in the front discs and then new tires just before I head west next summer.The rubber on her now is ok for the winter and so are the brakes so I'm just going to enjoy her as is now while I focus on some other bikes . With any luck I'll get a few sold and get the house in Arizona fund growing again. Now I rake leaves and do other bullshit chores that need to be done. It's cold and wet today here in NY and cold and dry for the next few days. Good time to get these crap jobs out of the way so I can ride next weekend .

No comments:

Post a Comment