The Road

The Road

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Today I Ride

It's Saturday morning and cold but clear out here in New York.It is supposed to be in the mid 40's F today so I ride. Did my work yesterday getting my old 1971 Chevy C20 up and running.Didn't take much , just had to hook up the battery after I had charged it , put air in the tires and put the current registration sticker on the windshield. Raked a bunch of leaves in the work area after pulling her out into the front of the house before the rain started . The test ride went well, no surprises , she's back in service. So I'm sitting around when the phone rings and my friend Pete calls. Haven't spoken with him in over a year. He asks if I'm interested in using my truck in a photo shoot he's doing for this ad  his customer wants  . It seems they are looking for a funky old truck to use as a back drop for this sound equipment they are selling. So, with any luck he will be here early , take a picture to show the client and I can get out on my bike and ride. I love it when free money comes my way ! All I need to do is drive my truck to some location and hang out while Pete takes pictures. Today I think  I'll be riding the Moto Guzzi .Had the BMW out the other day for a good 50 or 60 mile ride  so now it's the Moto Guzzis turn. It's looking good weather wise for the early part of next week too so I'll get to ride my two strokes some with any luck.Gotta use them all as much as I can this time of the year.Once that fucking snow starts flying they are down until the roads get washed  of salt by a good heavy rain . Sometimes this happens quickly after a snowfall sometimes not . Thanksgiving is next Thursday and I'm hoping that it's a nice day so I can ride some while the turkey cooks . Some years I get to ride right up to New Years and even past it some.Hope this year is one of those. So now I hang around and wait for it to warm up some. I'll give Pete until 11 AM before I head out to ride.One thing I never do is wait around for people . Life is just too short for that crap. Looking thru some old photo folders and found this real nice photo of the Moto Guzzi from back when I first got her in 2007
Well, I put 100,000 + miles on her since that day in January 2007 when I brought her home and she still looks good considering what I put her thru.
So now as I look towards the next riding season and the planned trip out west I'm pretty sure I'll be riding my old friend the " T"  Pete just called and will be here soon so looks like I'll be out riding sooner than I thought .
Later On
Got out on the bike for a couple hours.It was somewhat cold but I was good with it.The bike is running really good now and the more I ride it the more convinced I become that this is the bike I should go out west on  next summer.I already started to accumulate parts to get her ready.I bought a top end gasket set to take care of the oil leaks.Next I'll get new steel braided oil feed lines to the cylinder heads,breather hoses,new rear main oil seal, a new set of Dyna Coils,and other assorted things  as I can afford them.I'd like all the parts here before I start the work so I have until early April th get everything..It was a good day out there today and I really enjoyed my Moto Guzzi.


No comments:

Post a Comment