The Road

The Road

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Another Bike Ridin Day !


 

So,yesterday was an incredible day with blue skies and warm temps .Got out on the Moto Guzzi for a good ride and then cleared the crap out of my shed and got the 1969 Yamaha DS6C to the front so I could pull the battery out and charge it.It held a charge right thru the winter which really surprised me.Still had 25% of it's charge after sitting out there in the cold all winter.I usually pull the batteries and keep them in the basement charged over winter but couldn't get back to this one with all the work crap that was in the way. The snow came in December and that was it.Well,it's at 100% now and today I'm heading out on it ,getting it inspected ,and hitting the back roads out east. 

This is probably my favorite bike.Owned it for 49 years now !I have 3 or 4 that are my favorite bike for various reasons but this one is number ONE for sure ! Should be another nice day of riding with more blue skies and warm temps in the mid 60's forecast. I am starting a search for a riding/travel companion to go on my planned cross country ride in the summer of 2022.I figure I'd try to fine someone now so there is time to get to know them and work on bikes together some.Posted this on NYC VinMoto the other day :


Hi,I'm an experienced rider.Been riding 56 years to be exact and I ride vintage. I'm looking to go on a long, probably 2 or 2 1/2 month ride out west in the summer of 2022 and am starting to search for a partner who also rides vintage to travel with on this adventure.I'd like to get to know this person this year and do some shorter rides up to my camp in the Adirondacks or perhaps New England and PA .Looking for someone who also knows how to wrench on bikes as I do.Gonna spend next winter in the garage getting my machine all set for the trip and could also help with yours.My last cross country ride was back in 2010 on the same bike I plan on using for this ride, a 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T . I ride this thing all over the place Had it up in the Canadian Maritimes in 2014 for a couple months and many times up to my camp on the Canadian border upstate NY.Riding cross country will be mostly 3 to 400 mile days with breaks in nice places on secondary roads (no or at least very few interstates) .Camping most of the time and avoiding the cities.I know there is someone out there looking to do something like this so if it's you get back.Here are three links to blog posts about the past cross country ride and the ride up to Eastern Canada.Each link is to a specific post.

https://motoguzzi850t.blogspot.com/2015/02/in-my-tent-again.html

https://motoguzzi850t.blogspot.com/2015/02/back-in-usa.html

https://motoguzzi850t.blogspot.com/2015/11/a-post-from-past.html

So, now the search begins and with any luck I won't be doing this ride alone.I will though if there is no one out there but it would be nice to have a riding partner for this one.
I can be reached at valiantwagonguy@gmail.com
Thanks ,Ed 

So now I wait and see what comes of it.I'll probably post it in some other places as well. Don't really want to do this trip alone like the last two but if I have to you know I will.

Well,it's starting to warm up some , the morning madness on the roads will be over in an hour or so and I'll be hitting the road again.Gonna bring my camera with me today.Been too long since I have been shooting photos.So,there you have it,another day begins in the life of this somewhat retired biker .



No comments:

Post a Comment