The Road

The Road

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Today I Ride

 Finally pushed ahead with the shed work and got it to a place where it's pretty much ready for paint.Spent all day Sunday and  Monday making the batting strips and hanging them  so today I'm taking off and going riding !




 I'm feeling pretty good,my leg is finally starting to hurt less and I'm able to ride the Moto Guzzi again without any real serious pain.Seemed like forever but it has really only been a little over two and a half months with this problem.So,the battery is on the charger getting topped off , after breakfast I'm going out to the garage and putting air in the tires then heading out somewhere for a good day of riding. I have most of the yard cleaned up so my spring cleaning is also moving along , riding is my reward !

 

Now the big questing is where to ride. The highways are all full of really dangerous pot holes so heading out east can be somewhat problematic . Two years ago I was almost killed after hitting one of those in the HOV lane in the Long Island Expressway at 70 mph. I hit that thing so hard the forks bottomed out and I went into a tank slapper .It took all I had to keep the bike upright and the idiot behind me was riding my ass.If I lost it that buttplug would have run right over me ! So,I'm having second thoughts about the LIE .Guess I'll hit the back roads and just wing it and go where I go.It's supposed to be a nice day today with temps in the mid 60's F so wherever I end up going I'll enjoy the ride.

I thing when I return I'm going to pull the DS6C out of the shed and give her the once over so I can get out on it later in the week.We have this great weather forecast for the whole week, SPRING HAS SPRUNG !

No comments:

Post a Comment