The Road

The Road

Friday, April 9, 2021

Yesterdays Ride

 Yesterdays ride was really good.My plans changed and I ended going on the Moto Guzzi rather than the Yamaha R5 .I was out in the garage getting ready to start working on the R5 and figured I'd have to spend 2 hours on this beautiful day fooling with it so I decided to leave it for a crappy day instead.Pulled the Moto Guzzi out , set the tire pressure and loaded my tool bag. Also decided to take the highway and just be vigilant looking for the pot holes .As it turned out there were a couple but most have been filled with a crappy repair that will probably fail in a month.It was a good ride out east.The MG runs great ! Went out to the pine barrens where there are some good roads to have fun on and blasted around.Stopped here at this park for a short hike to stretch my legs.



After a brief 15 minute walk I hit the road again and wandered some more. 


Stopped here and there to just check things out.Went to the canoe launch site where I met these two guys trying to repair their inflatable kayak.The one guy said a mouse ate a hole in it ! Wished them luck and headed on down the road  towards the highway and home when I spotted this.


Just had to stop and shoot a photo ! Rode home and arrived around 3:30 PM so I decided to do an oil change on the MG.Just rode her a shade over 100 miles so it was a good time to drop the oil.She's all serviced and ready to be ridden to anywhere I choose now. Today it's cloudy ,cold,and damp.I'm going to do yard work and continue getting the place in order so I don't need to waste the nice days fooling with it.Doing yard work seems to be helping my leg some also . I guess it's like physical therapy  and it seems to be helping.Yesterday was the longest I've ridden since this injury happened back in late December. I couldn't even ride in January so I have made serious progress even though it doesn't seem that way day to day. Gotta get back into shape so I can travel !



No comments:

Post a Comment