The Road

The Road

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Sure Feels Good To Be Riding Again

 Well,today's forecast is for a repeat of yesterday with blue skies and warm temps so I'm going out riding again. There's yard work to do but that can wait until it's not so nice out .Monday I start the demolition at Steve's house so between now(Thursday ) and next Monday I'm going to get the yard work finished and some riding time in. Yesterdays ride was really good.The little green DS6C ran like a top and felt so right under me.I kept it local and ran it for a good three hours straight before breaking for lunch .

After a short lunch break I headed out again towards the beach where I go kayaking.It's a nice park with some woods to hike in and harbor & bay  to kayak in.It's still a bit early for the kayak but soon I'll have it in the water. For now it's just two wheel fun .Took these pictures out at the beach .






After riding I did some cleaning in the shed so I can have a parking space for my little DS6C .Today's plans call for some work on the throttle cable on my 1971 Yamaha R5 and then a day of riding on it.

When I had it out the other day the throttle got stuck open .I managed to free it up without ever pulling over but this tells me it needs some attention. Rather than fool around with the old upper part of the 4 cable system I am going to replace the upper part with a good one I've been saving.You see,around 4 years ago some asshole backed into my bike in his fucking BMW while he was fooling with his damn cell phone while attempting to back into a parking space.It took every bit of self restraint I could muster to not get into an altercation with this fool . I was pissed beyond belief but was able to fix the throttle cable he damaged on the spot and ride away so I let it go.Here we are 4 years later and now I'm dealing with it again. So,this morning I'm going to pull a couple bikes out of the garage so I have some working room and finally replace this roadside repair and then go out for another day of riding on my R5. Life is pretty good these days


No comments:

Post a Comment