The Road

The Road

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Another Day On Two Wheels

 Today I ride ! Heading out east today on the BMW to ride with a guy I met in my search for riding partners on Craigslist. So,we'll see how it goes.You know , it's hard for me to find people to do anything with.I don't go out to bars or drink so that road is closed and there just aren't many ways to connect with other people who ride. My old friends are gone for the most part. They either moved away or died . I still have a couple old friends I work on cars with so it's not all bad but no riding partners. Today I head east,gonna meet up in Port Jefferson and head out towards the east end from there.We have a good weather forecast for today with warm temps in the mid 60's F and this time of the year on a weekday the roads aren't so bad ,well, at least until 3PM when the idiots start to start heading home from work. That's my window ,10AM to around 3PM the rest of the time here in this place is a fucking nightmare on the roads.So,hopefully things will go well today and I'll have a good day of motorcycle riding.  Put the convertible away yesterday after I helped my friend Steve put in the dash board and the windshield in the 1965 Barracuda we are fixing up to flip. Took the convertible to a car show on Sunday with a For Sale sign in it but got no real action on it. Once it gets sold we can get serious about buying a house up in Northern New York . Later in the week we will be putting in the motor as we start to button up this project .After that it's time to start on my wagon ! Finally , I'm going to start forward motion on my little 1965 Valiant Station wagon .It will be a happy day when that car is back in service .I miss my wagon.She's been down for over 2 years now.Well it's time to get ready to head out for the day on this beast .

More to come when I return this afternoon.Going to bring my camera with me.It's real nice out east this time of year so I should get some decent photos to post with a ride report later in the day or tomorrow .

Now it's the end of the day . The ride didn't go as planned.We did meet up and talked some but he had to pick up his son and do something with him so no riding for him today. Seems like an ok guy so we'll see what develops . I did head east and ride .I had a good day wandering around . The bike ran well and I covered  a little over 100 miles. Didn't take any photos though.It was cloudy and I didn't really see anything of interest that I wanted to photograph . So,tomorrow is another day of decent riding weather and I'm going to take my 1969 Yamaha DS6C out and get it inspected. Think I'll pick up a new battery for the 1975 Yamaha RD350 my friend Pete gave me over the summer and start making a runner out of it.May sell it or may keep it as a rider , either way it has to be gone thru and made to work. Saw these deer the other day while out riding at a stop at the beach . I learned how to swim at this beach when I was a little kid , now I'm an old man .What a life it's been !






No comments:

Post a Comment