The Road

The Road

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Today Is Motor Install Day

 Yup , today the 273 goes back into Steve's 1965 Barracuda.It's been lots of fun work and now we make a major leap forward.It started with us pulling out the motor back in the early summer.




 

Then he rebuilt the front end and we did the brake system. While it was all apart we figured we'd paint the engine bay  so I brought down my HVLP turbine unit and did that job. 

And now it's time to put in the freshened up all painted 273 V8 . Should be a good day doing this.I like this kind of work.So,if all goes smoothly I'll have some photos and will continue this post this evening.In other moto related news I pulled out the old low inertia Ram clutch I had used in my Moto Guzzi back when I rode across the country in 2010. The one I replaced it with in 2016 or 17 is slipping now so I'm going to try to rebuild the older one as it's replacement. You see , I save everything because you just never know when you may need it . Looking into options for getting the clutch disc pads replaced with Kevlar ones rather than buying a new disc for 250 bucks .There is a clutch rebuilder down near Steve's house so today or tomorrow I'll be stopping there to talk with him.He cut the flywheel for my 1965 Valiant Station Wagon last year when I had all that trouble with the shifter  in the 4 speed transmission. That got resolved with having the shifter rebuilt and while I had the whole mess apart I also replaced the transmission and gave it a new clutch which required having the flywheel resurfaced. It used to be an easy thing to have done at the auto parts store but no more,no one does it anymore because there are so few cars with manual transmissions being produced .I know , I'm a dinosaur but I love my 4 speeds almost as much as my motorcycles.



No comments:

Post a Comment