The Road

The Road

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Today I Ride

 Been really busy here at home fixing the house up.I started back in May and it's finally to a point where I can put some distance between working on the house and me. It's been a long haul.I had to put off trips to my camp in the Adirondacks and days of riding my motorcycles but here I am in October and the place is in pretty good shape again. Today I think I'll head out for a good long ride on my old Moto Guzzi. Did an oil change on her yesterday so she's all ready to hit the road. I did have a bit of time a few weeks ago to get it and the BMW K 100 RS inspected and I also finally got the new rear tire installed on the BMW. My friend Tony told me about this little shop he found near by. They mounted the tire on his Moto Guzzi back in the spring when I pulled the wheel off for him.Well,I gave them my rear wheel with a new Avon RoadRider tire and for 30 bucks they mounted it and balanced it .So,now I have my two road bikes up and on the road.Next it's the four old Yamaha two strokes. Thought about taking one of them in today but it's too nice out to tie up the day getting an inspection done when I can be riding out east .We have sun and temps in the high 60's F today.


So,I think I'll just leave this post to finish up after I return when there is more to this story to report. Sure feels good to have my life back !

Now it's the first week in November. Got sidetracked from this post but not my life. Went kayaking last week with my friend Ron.We went out east in the Peconic River and out into the Peconic Bay for a paddle that lasted all afternoon.It was an incredible day. The temps were in the high 70's F and it was sunny.Before heading out to do this paddle we went to his hangar at the local airport to check out his project plane he's building.I wish I had my camera with me  but I didn't so no photos. Anyway , I am very impressed with the work he's doing on this. He's another gearhead but on a whole other level ! Been doing some routine service on my bikes.The other day the clutch on the Moto Guzzi slipped in high gear when I hit the gas hard .It may just be an adjustment problem or something more serious.This story will play out slowly and with any luck it will just be some adjustments. Took the BMW K100 out yesterday for a good ride.She runs great. Stopped at a light this guy told me my headlight was out. I put the high beam on and it worked so I need a new bulb .Minor problem that's easy to deal with. Today I'm heading out to get the 1971 Yamaha inspected then heading to my storage garage to switch it with my 66 Valiant convertible. I want to take the convertible to a car show tomorrow with a for sale sign on it .You never know ,it might sell or not but I have to start the process . I need money to buy that house I want up in Northern New. Long Island has really degraded , it is way over crowded and the people who have taken over are less than desireable.They are reckless drivers and rude entitled idiots to put it frankly .I'm a native here and this place was paradise when I was growing up. It was the country , farms and woods all over the place .Now, high density housing and all the bullshit it brings with it . I'm wanting to live out my last days in a place where I can ride safely and enjoy nature so Northern NY it is. Arizona was my first choice but we got priced out of that market and the climate change  issues there don't bode well for the future where as Northern NY is forecast to become milder in winter and somewhat wetter in summer so there will be water to drink and winter won't be as brutal as it used to be up there.Been watching the weather up there closely over the past decade and have seen a steady warming trend in the winter months.So,enough of this crap , I have to head out now to pick up this beautiful car on this beautiful motorcycle .


LIFE IS GOOD !


No comments:

Post a Comment