The Road

The Road

Monday, November 20, 2023

It's Always Something

 So, last Friday I was getting ready to take the last bike in for an inspection.Rolled it out of the shed where it has been stored since late March and cleaned it up. After I got it all cleaned up I put in a battery and started it up.All seemed good so I shut it off and had a cup of coffee.Came back after around 10 minutes to see a puddle of gas under the bike.The carbs are leaking. I tapped them with a screwdriver handle and they stopped leaking so I started it and rode it up the street a few times. It felt rich and the leak returned. Pulled the carbs off and cleaned & reset them to factory specs ,they still leaked !. So now I'm in the process of rebuilding another set of carbs for the bike.I ended up going out riding Friday on the Moto Guzzi . Spent Saturday digging thru my parts looking for everything I need to fix this problem and now have all the stuff gathered.Next rainy or very cold day I will build the new carbs and this will get solved.  


Yesterday was a beautiful day and I spent the first half of it outdoors at a car show and swap meet . It was good just walking around looking at old cars and searching for stuff I can use in the swap meet.Ran into my friend Wade and wandered around with him talking to different people about their rides. Saw a very original condition 1949 Ford F1 pick up there.This was incredible. It was all original in good used condition ,a true survivor with a flat head 239 cu in V8 .Same truck as I had back in the 70's and early 80's. I still lust for one of these. Didn't have my camera with me but I do have a photo of my old F1 from back in the day 

I want another one of these !  After the car show I took the Moto Guzzi out for an hour or so and wandered around town down by the beach and along the harbor .It was a good ride and the bike ran well. It's a nice day out today here in New York . Kind of cold but a good day none the less so I'm heading out . Maybe I'll ride some or take my convertible out for a short ride , I don't know but what I do know is I'm not going to sit around here fooling with the 1966 YM1 carbs .


No comments:

Post a Comment