The Road

The Road

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Back To Bikes

 Yesterday was a good day of car work with my good friend Steve.We made some real progress on the Barracuda .Got the exhaust all figured out .This is a major step forward .The starter is in ,the manifolds are on , the head pipes are connected to the manifolds ,and we did a temporary hook up of the rest of the system to check the fit.It all fits where it belongs and hangs right so now we take it off and deal with some other things that are easier to do without the exhaust in the way.That's next weeks work . 


 
 



So,today I ride.Gonna take my nice little 1969 Yamaha DS6C out to get it inspected and then ride for the day.This bike is lots of fun .Once this one is inspected I have two more to get done to get the whole fleet all legal and roadworthy . I'd like to have this chore done before Thanksgiving .Looks like I'll be a busy boy the next few days if I'm going to meet this goal but I'm motivated so I'll probably get it done.

The two older ones need to be gone thru before I take them in so after my ride today I'll pull the one I plan on using tomorrow out of the storage shed and get it into the garage so I can start getting it ready .Shouldn't take much effort on either one of these beauties.Just have to give them the once over . They were running in the spring but all that stuff with working on the house prevented me from doing anything other than stuff that was necessary on my bikes.I just focused on the Moto Guzzi so I could ride some when time allowed.Sure am glad that stuff is behind me now !


I'm still looking forward . Still planning and preparing for that next long ride west.Decided to rebuild the clutch in the Moto Guzzi .Did some looking around for what I need , talked to a clutch  business about having the old disc re lined and came to the conclusion that getting a new disc is cheaper and more than likely better .Not sure how I'm going to pull off another trip like I want but I'll die trying . This photo was taken by my old friend Richard Vogel . We were somewhere in Nevada or Utah in 1970 when this was shot.I was looking forward then and still am.






No comments:

Post a Comment