The Road

The Road

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Moto Guzzi Work

 Been doing stuff on my T each day as I get her ready to get inspected and in condition to travel again.She would pass an inspection as is but I want to do all this work first just because.You know, that's just how I am.So after getting the carbs all squared away and running a couple tanks of gas through them I got the power washer out yesterday and blaster her off. Now that she's all clean it's time to adjust the valves and drop the oil pan. So this is today's work. Yesterday the new tool I bought to pull the valve stem on the tube into the wheel rim arrived so now I'm also able to fit the new rear tire on the bike. This will probably happen on Monday. I always wanted one of these tools but just never got around to getting one. For 8 bucks I can now do the job of installing the tube in the tire and getting the air fill stem through the hole in the rim without getting my hands all bruised and cut.You know, these new tires have really stiff sidewalls unlike the old stuff we used to run. In other news I dodged a bullet by not heading south because of the bridge washout up at my camp last month.This hurricane really messed up the area where I was headed. My brother in law lives in Ashville NC and had a tree smash through his roof and crash into his bedroom while sleeping and could have been killed! So you see, everything happens for a reason and the reason in terms of my life is that I'm not in a tent under 20 inches of rain water and trees falling. So like my brother in law I'm also a lucky guy. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do if something like this hurricane hit and I was in a tent traveling on my bike like this.



I was supposed to be in this motorcycle campground at this place called Meadows Of Dan  in southwest Virginia on the border with North Carolina yesterday when this thing hit. What a mess , well this is climate change. No wait, that's fake news right?

No comments:

Post a Comment