The Road

The Road

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Time To Head North

 Yesterday I started getting my little Chevy S10 pick up ready for a trip up to my camp. Did the front brakes and today it's the rears. The plan is to leave here on Monday morning real early like around 4AM so I get there in the early afternoon.


 I have no idea what the place looks like because I haven't been there since last October so it will probably be a work trip. I want to get some fire wood cut and get some supplies in the place so I can ride up on the BMW K100 in late September when the leaves are changing  for a couple weeks.I need it bad.I have no idea what is going on with the place next door but it is what it is.The place is changing .When I bought it in 1977 it was totally undeveloped now there are houses here and there and now one right next to me.It may be time for me to move on or not, only time will tell this story. I'm going to stay positive and hope for the best. I had a good 48 year run here and I'd like it to continue. Change is always somewhat scary but in the end it's usually good so we'll see. Got the BMW running good and all set to travel with new brakes and tires. When I return from upstate I'll get it inspected and she'll be good to go. Wish I had a riding partner to travel with . I miss those days with Juan when we'd ride up into the Catskills and camp but his changes brought him to Mexico and raising a family there  and I'm happy for him. Changes are hard but necessary to keep forward motion in life and without that forward motion life doesn't really have a point.



Sometimes I think I should look into having a proper house built here on the other lot I own next to this.Then I'd have the two buildings on this acre to use as shop space. Even though I'm 75 years old I still need forward motion and a plan .I may live to be old and if that's the case I don't want to be idle just sitting around. I could build a nice bike shop in the steel building and use the barn as a parts storage area. Maybe on my next trip up when out riding I'll visit the mill where the Amish guy that cut my siding  is and see if he does building and if so what kind of money it will take. Plans plans and more plans. This is how I light the fire to move me forward. Right now I feel like a fly stuck on fly paper ! I gotta get outta of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment